Speaking from experience
Naomi Simson, keynote speaking
I believe that we need more role models, people who can be trusted, counted on and believed in – I’m proud to be that person for others.
If I can motivate and encourage listeners during my keynote speaking engagements to focus on the choices they make and ensure that they have a sense of purpose and accomplishment, then my legacy will be far greater than the success of the Big Red Group and the growth strategies we applied to create a $100m online business which incorporates brands such as RedBalloon, Adrenaline and Redii.
I urge audiences to play a bigger game. My personal motto is “If it is meant to be, it is up to me”. And if there’s one thing I leave my audience feeling, it’s inspired.
To enquire about keynote speaking dates, fees and the fit for your event, please click below.
About Naomi Simson
Known as entrepreneur and business leader; Naomi Simson co-founded the Big Red Group (BRG) with business partner David Anderson in 2017. BRG is all about serving experiences to different audiences through its various brands: RedBalloon, Adrenaline, IfOnly.com for Australia Redii.com. BRG also includes Marketics AI the exclusive distributor of Albert AI in ANZ. BRG is experiencing double digit growth and serves an experience every minute. The experience economy is gathering momentum. Together with David Anderson BRG CEO they have transformed the business and platforms to harness this opportunity, and as such have turned the business to a customer centric, $100m enterprise.
This is quite the entrepreneurial journey, with Hitwise identifying BRG as the third largest experience marketplace of its type in the world. Naomi, together with her business partner and colleagues, have clear aspirations to serve an experience every second, somewhere on earth, by 2025.
Naomi is a passionate supporter of Australian business, a prolific blogger and business commentator, best-selling author and much sought-after keynote speaker. She has appeared as the #RedShark in four seasons of Australia’s Shark Tank.
A true business leader and influencer, with more than 2.8 million LinkedIn followers, Naomi is Australia’s most followed person on the business networking platform. She has authored two best-selling books Live What You Love, and Ready to Soar, and is an engaging and insightful speaker. Naomi is relatable across a broad variety of audiences and topics, often drawing on her personal experiences to provide thoughtful and valuable views into topics; including influence, purpose, leadership, entrepreneurship, personal development, customer obsession and digital marketing transformation.
Before founding RedBalloon, Naomi worked for big businesses including IBM, Apple, KPMG and Ansett Airlines – all of which influenced her passionate views on workplaces.
Naomi commenced her role at the University of Melbourne, as a member of the Faculty’s Business and Economics Board, she is a governor of the Cerebral Palsy Research Foundation and is an advisor to a number of other not for profit institutions.
To find out more about Naomi’s availability and keynote topics, click here.
Introduction on the day
Entrepreneur and Business Leader; Naomi Simson co-founded the Big Red Group with business partner David Anderson in 2017. BRG is all about serving experiences to different audiences through its various brands: RedBalloon, Adrenaline, IfOnly.com, Redii.com. BRG also includes Marketics AI the exclusive distributor of Albert AI in ANZ.
The experience economy is gathering momentum, and Naomi will share how she and CEO David Anderson have transformed the business and platforms to harness this opportunity.
Her enthusiasm is infectious. She is a prolific blogger and author, and as a true business influencer with more than 2.7 million LinkedIn followers, she’s Australia’s most followed person on the business networking platform.
She’s the author of two bestselling books, Live What You Love, and Ready to Soar. Before founding RedBalloon, she worked for big businesses including IBM, Apple, KPMG and Ansett Airlines – all of which influenced her views on workplaces.
Please welcome Naomi Simson.
Keynote Speaking Topics
1. Business Leadership Success
Entrepreneurship has a certain romance to it. Here, Naomi will debunk this myth, and others, and share what it takes to keep your eye on the prize. Naomi Simson started her entrepreneurial journey when she founded online experience brand RedBalloon in 2001, with a clear view of what she stood for. She has now co-founded the Big Red Group, which serves and experience every minute and turns over more than $100m.
By aligning ‘the right team’ to a vision, a deep sense of engagement and purpose she accelerated her idea into something big – but she has not done this without many bumps in the road, and great people around her. During this keynote discussion, Naomi will share her experiences and insights on growth and capability, which are anchored around leadership, culture and the customer. She will finish the session by encouraging each participant to think about the ‘one thing’… that, if you worked on it, would make your experience of business easier each day.
- There are three elements to business success – growth, customers and people. That might sound obvious but it is the right mix and entrepreneurial insights that will help you navigate what is best for your enterprise.
- Learn about the drivers of growth – what they look like and how you can implement them in your business. You will understand what you can do to drive purpose, alignment and leadership throughout your business.
- Understand the concept of ‘customer loyalty mirror’ and the correlation between highly engaged teams and end customer loyalty. At the conclusion of this session you will have established ways to harness a customer feedback loop to drive innovation in your business.
- It is the role your team plays that creates an innovative customer culture – speaking from experience, Naomi will show you how to replicate these ideas into your own business to maximise your market position. Naomi will deliver the employee framework, identifying the five key pillars for you to work on in your business, inspiring you to harness the untapped wealth of ‘discretionary effort.’
2. Experience Economy
Naomi has been a trailblazer in the Experience Economy since the term was first used. Now as a co-founder of the world’s third largest experience market place, she is well versed in what this truly means for business.
The definition of experience: “an event or occurrence which leaves an impression on someone”
‘Experiences’ is a term used for everything from customer interaction, to employee engagement. ‘Experiences’ is mostly used to denote the human element or emotional connection created. In a time of artificial intelligence, big data and analytics it is important to be reminded about the human side of business.
Every business is impacted by the phenomenon of #AccessOverOwnership and the Experience Economy. Businesses need to shift from being in the transaction game (have I got the right product at the right place for the right price?) to being in the experience game. Naomi urges audiences to consider how an experience can engage, entertain, build trust and emotional connection for your business?.
Referring to the Experience Economy White Paper. Naomi discusses The experience economy is also the ‘sharing’ economy and what this means for business. We live in a world of ‘social proof’ that if the experience is not recorded and shared then perhaps it did not happen.
- What is the Experience Economy – Considering the impact of access over ownership – and building emotional connection through experiences.
- White Paper Every participant will get access to download the full 32 page research study
- The millennial experience understanding that millennials are the largest customer and employee cohort in history and its all about experience.
3. Customer Obsession
In this colourful and inspiring keynote, Naomi explores the challenges faced by many businesses that are ever fearful of disruption. With retail closures being reported daily, Naomi spells out her approach to ‘protection from disruption,’ and speaks to the value chain each business must build.
Outlining her 12 point ‘to do list’ to stay at the leading edge, Naomi blends the tools available, including: big data, AI, omnichannel and personalised customer experience to create intimacy, relationships and ultimately growth. She asks the question “What job is your product being hired to do?” and “What can customers count on you for?”
This thought provoking presentation draws on cases studies from around the world and will leave audiences in no doubt that it is not all ‘gloom and doom’ in business – growth will come from building unbreakable customer relationships.
- Knowing what you stand for – getting customers to talk about you and how to tackle the tricky world of social media.
- How to set priorities to invest in scalable customer relationships.
- The customer obsession and using a framework as a scorecard to align everyone to the customer experience cause.
4. Experiences at Work
Business leaders know that diversity, inclusion and employee engagement are all on the commercial agenda – yet what does this really mean? It means the team that ‘plays together, stays together.’ Here, Naomi shares her experience and insight into building focussed and productive teams. The Big Red Group, which she co-founded in 2017 with business partner David Anderson, has five brands within the group – some of which have been acquired. Creating ‘team’ from disparate groups, with a variety of backgrounds, can be a tough ask.
In this challenging keynote, Naomi explores how to influence other people’s views, behaviours and opinions. Emotional connection and storytelling are critical to the ability to influence and unite teams. Leadership and management are uniquely different and often people meld the two. She gives practical tips on what works best, pointing out that it’s not about trying to ‘convince’ someone, but creating the environment for people to thrive. Audiences will be left better equipped to impact those around them.
- Knowing what you stand for – your steps to leadership (and facing your fear).
- Creating and employee framework for diversity, inclusion and engagement.
- Learning about Experiences at Work and how they influence corporate culture and productivity.
- Leadership is about aligning everyone to the ‘cause’ – creating a deep sense of purpose.
- Learn to identify the ‘One Thing’ that when you do it, everything else becomes easier. Turn your ‘to do list’ into a success list.
5. Live What You Love – Personal Development
This presentation will touch, move and inspire. It is relevant to most groups and is all about making powerful choices to live a life that you love. “If you love what you do every day, you never have to work another day in your life.” This is about putting meaning in your work, discovering your passion, learning about positivity and sticking with it, and being persistent.
This keynote is all about fulfilling your true purpose. Being an entrepreneur is not for everyone, but knowing what drives you will give you the platform for a rich and wonderful experience of life. Naomi will share real and vivid stories from her personal and business life to demonstrate the power of her personal motto, ‘If it is meant to be, it is up to me.’ The one word we consistently hear after this session is ‘inspirational’. You will be inspired to take action.
- Discover your passion – learn how to identify when you are in a flow and doing your best work.
- Take responsibility for what you want – not what others want for you. ‘If it’s meant to be it’s up to me,’ and choosing what is the one thing you need to work on.
- Play a bigger game – this does not mean tough times will disappear. As a result of this session you are likely to take on bigger challenges, and in turn, experience the joy of deep accomplishment and the resilience that you know you can count on.
Effervescent and powerful are two words which describe Naomi Simson’s presentation at a recent Stockdale & Leggo company event where she shook the room with her insight, innovation, vision, and wit. One of the best speakers our group has had the privilege to witness, Naomi’s delivery was world class, displaying a phenomenal ability to translate her own learnings and success into a relevant, thoughtful and intimate exhibition for our franchisees and their teams. A delight and a professional. Thank you.
Animated, dynamic, amusing…Naomi personifies RedBalloon’s culture. As a guest speaker at a Hudson Human Resources celebration, Naomi’s candid insights, self-deprecating humor and unapologetic passion for her business kept the audience engaged, entertained and challenged to think differently. I highly recommend Naomi as an inspirational speaker.
Thanks, Naomi, for the fantastic presentation at our ‘Talent Xchange Conference’ last week. We have had a stack of unsolicited feedback from delegates saying things like: ‘Naomi was amazing, I am going to implement changes immediately’, and ‘That was great, we will definitely be rethinking our engagement strategy’. Thank you for making our conference such a big hit!
Naomi, Thank you so much for passionately presenting to our senior women leaders yesterday. You were an absolute inspiration. Everyone’s feedback was overwhelmingly positive.
Naomi is a dynamic, energetic and passionate speaker. She presents powerful and clear messages that not only resonate because they are personal accounts, but also because they provide a refreshing and honest viewpoint.