I heard Anne McKevitt speak this morning at a Business Chicks. breakfast in Sydney. She spoke of facing our fears head on. I have remarked in this blog before about how every day I have fears, however, what makes an entrepreneur is how they deal with those fears. (We all have them… we just think everyone else has got them handled better they we have.)
Anne asked us to imagine our worst fear of what could happen at work today. Then she described the difference between our mental fears versus physical fear. It is our mental fear that stops us achieving what we want to achieve. I have to admit sometimes I make things hard for myself ? all the chatter in my head rather than action from the heart.
Anne posed a series of thought-provoking questions:
- When was the last time that you did something for the first time?
- Do you doubt your doubts?
- (How committed to your ideas are you really?)
- Do you have enough risks in your life to stay feeling alive?
- What would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?
- Where does adventure live in your life?
- How old would you be if you did not know how old you were?
- Where do you draw the line between the possible and the impossible (for Anne it was nowhere ? everything is possible)
- What have you packed to pursue your dream and what are you going to leave behind?
Now that Anne resides in Australia I am sure you will be seeing more of her. Thanks for the session and the great support of Kids Help line..