In October 2013, I was reflecting on the 770 blog posts I had written to date, what I had learned from them and how best I should sum them up. Now, in April 2016, I’m now up to 961 blogs and still learning!
I thought I would share the lessons again for you…
These are my own originals – but I add four from the more famous below.
- Persistence is not pigheadedness.
- Passion is authentic – you either love what you do every day… or you don’t
- People are everything to success (family, friends, community colleagues) you cannot do it alone
- Process sets you free; it provides the foundations for growth
- ‘Hope’ is not a strategy
- Brands are held in the heart of the customer
- It is not about me – it is about the legacy I create well beyond my own generation – Asking “Am I making the planet a better place over and over again?”
- The more I teach the more I learn.
- We need to know failure to know success.
Which brings me to some of the great quotes put together in a presentation by friend Amanda Gore:
- “I have not failed I have just found 10,000 ways that did not work” Thomas Edison
- “Remember that failure is an event not a person.” Zig Ziglar
- “Success is the ability to go from failure to failure without loosing your enthusiasm” Winston Churchill
- “Just because you fail at one thing doesn’t mean you will fail at everything” Marilyn Monroe