“If it is meant to be it is up to me”
This blog is my journey – as an entrepreneur and as an advocate for great workplaces: the sum of my own personal experiences as a business owner, leader, speaker and mother. What I get right, what I get wrong, and all the adventures in between.
I have written Live What You Love and Ready To Soar as a way of sharing my experience and inspiration with people I might never get to meet. Being a Shark on Network TENs Shark Tank Australia is a privilege and if you have an idea and wish to be a part of the show please leave your details here. http://www.sharktankcasting.com.au/
Your questions, comments and feedback all help make this blog the inspiring business resource I want it to be. So please, subscribe, get involved and have your say!
• That being a business owner takes bravery – to start is the easy part, to scale is the challenge
• That passion, persistence, positivity and purpose are key elements for success, especially in leadership
• That great workplaces are those where people get to do their best work and when they do it delivers a commercial success for all
• That businesses of any size that look after the wellbeing of its people, stakeholders and community will thrive
• That when people feel connected, are mentally and physically fit, when they learn, are recognised and have an opportunity to give – they become the best version of themselves
• That what I learn is better shared, that I can be a role model to other business owners and that our journey together is richer being part of a community.
Moments I am a little proud of:
• Building the Redii.com team in 2015 to help other businesses have passionate people – now serving close to 20,000 users
• Being a part of Channel Ten’s Shark Tank in 2015, 2016 and set to be 2017
• Being the 2011 national winner of the Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year award – Industry Category
• Winning the 2008 national Telstra Business Women’s Awards for Innovation
• RedBalloon voted as one of Australia’s Best Places to Work by BRW 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 & 2013
• Hewitt ranking RedBalloon with a 97% employee engagement score – especially given the average in Australia is just 54%!
• Leveraging our business success to support our volunteer work
• Being selected as a LinkedIn Influencer (with more than 1.8m subscribers)
Enjoy the journey with me – and if you would like, subscribe so you don’t miss a thing.
Connection – The people around me feel safe and supported, free to be vulnerable knowing that I believe ‘all for one, and one for all’.
Fit – That to be a leader I must look after myself (and those around me). I understand peak performance is physical and mental, and is only possible when I invest in it. I ‘walk the talk’.
Growth – Learning for me is a daily ritual. I am curious, interested and take risks, then I analyse, teach and share what I’ve discovered. ‘My grasp is always beyond my reach’.
Give – I am generous with my time, our skills, knowledge and our resources. ‘If I do not touch a life, I am not touching life’.
Notice – I notice and celebrate contribution. I also hold myself to account to transparency and I am prepared to ask the hard questions. ‘I give a shit’.