This blog is my journey – as an entrepreneur and advocate for happy workplaces: the sum of my own personal experiences as a business owner, leader, speaker and mother. What I get right, what I get wrong, and all the adventures in between.
I have written Live What You Love and Ready To Soar as a way of sharing my experience and inspiration with people I might never get to meet. Being a Shark on Network TENs Shark Tank Australia is a privilege and if you have an idea and wish to be a part of the show please leave your details here. http://www.sharktankcasting.com.au/
Your questions, comments and feedback all help make this blog the inspiring business resource I want it to be. So please, subscribe, get involved and have your say!
- That happiness is a journey – not a destination
- That passion, persistence, positivity and purpose create a vivid experience of life
- People need more shared good times – we are meant to hang out together
- That saying thank you [a lot] spreads a sense of well being
- That everyone deserves to have a great day at work – and be feel proud of their work
- That what I learn is better shared
- I’m responsible for my own well being
Ready to Soar – Turn Your Idea into a Business – 2016
As part of our commitment to supporting people on their own leadership journey, I wrote Ready to Soar.
Whether you’re a start-up, business owner or career manager within an enterprise – all of us want to ‘Soar’ to great heights. Here I share about the road to success, from seeing what is possible for you, doing the preparation and ultimately delivering amazing pitches.
Live What You Love – Best Seller – 2015
If you dedicate the time to explore this book and do the exercises you will have a shift in your experience of life.
I have learned first hand that when you discover your passion, you learn to be persistent and are positive you can create an amazing life – my book gives you the pathway to your purpose so you can Live What You Love.
Moments I am a little proud of:
- Being the 2011 national winner of the Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year award – Industry Category
- Winning the 2008 national Telstra Business Womens Awards for Innovation
- RedBalloon voted as one of Australia’s Best Places to Work by BRW 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 & 2013
- Hewitt ranking RedBalloon with a 97% employee engagement score – especially given the average in Australia is just 54%!
- Leveraging our business success to support our volunteer work
- Being selected as a LinkedIn Influencer (now with more than 900,000 subscribers)
It can be pretty lonely setting up an online business from home. Until RedBalloon generated the revenue to employ people and move into premises, it was Dexter the Spoodle I brainstormed with during our daily walks. Now Dexter is almost as much part of our brand as the red balloon. He comes to the office, welcomes visitors, loves photo shoots and can even be followed on Twitter!